Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Preface to "Geolospeak"

After earning my Ph.D. in clinical psychology--many years after--I returned to college to earn a Bachelor's in Geology at Southern Utah University. My first exposure to the jargon of geology made me laugh quite a bit, and for a couple of semesters I'd post a new cartoon every week or so on the classroom door.

Then, of course, I had to take algebra and chemistry... and the cartoons stopped. For I saw nothing particularly funny about algebra or chemistry (sigh).

We moved to New Mexico. I may in time pick up again working on that degree but until I return to the weirdly funny world of geology, what I post here will be all there is.

Upddate: I have used Snapfish to publish all of these together into a hardbound book. If you are one of the very few people out there who appreciate my geology cartoons and would like to know more about this, send me a message. It costs about $40, Snapfish usually has some discount going on, and takes a couple of weeks. Talk to me.

Also, I have other drawings (well, watercolor and ink sketches) for sale at Etsy if you want to see them. Go to Etsy and search for BarbsInkWatercolors under "shops."

See you out there somewhere. Go rock!  Barbara

 

1 comment:

BubOppy said...

Barb,

Thanks for the invitation. I look forward to reviewing your postings. We maintain a family oriented blog at buboppy.blogspot.com, if you want to see something less interesting, but about us.

Love to you and Alex.

R Eves

Old Posts (with Pottery pPix)